What is PoliceCable?
PoliceCable is a cloud service that provides police departments with their own live body-cam networks. Each body-cam on the network broadcasts live video directly to the police headquarters where it can be viewed in real-time. Broadcasts are automatically archived in the integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS). Video is never stored on body-cams.
How to get started with PoliceCable?
- The first step is to register your police department on the tvi.com website.
- The depertment can then add users who will be able to broadcast live from the PoliceCable app.
- The department must also purchase for each user an iPhone SE and a clip-on holster.
How much does it cost?
- When you register your police department, a "Manager" account is automatically created for you and the department credit card is charged a recurring fee of $99 per month.
- As a Manager, you are able to add "Admins" and "Members". The department credit card is charged a recurring fee of $99/mo for each user that you add.
- As a Manager, you can also upgrade the department account to use DEMS. The upgrade enables Channel programs to be stored permanently instead of being automatically deleted after 24 hours. The department account is charged $0.025/mo per GB of video storage.
What is a broadcast?
A broadcast is a live video stream from a body-cam. The body-cam is an iPhone SE in a clip-on holster. The iPhone is running the PoliceCable app that is downloaded from the Apple App Store.
A stream can be as short or as long as you want. Broadcasts are visible to everyone in your department.
Broadcasts can only be generated and viewed on the app.
How do I watch broadcasts?
Broadcasts can only be viewed by using the app.
- Tap the Feed tab at the bottom-left of the app screen.
- Tap any Program listing. Live Programs are always at the top of the list.
Broadcasts can also be viewed by going to a Member's Channel.
- Tap on the Channels tab at the bottom-right of the app screen.
- Tap on a Channel name. This will take you to the Programs screen.
- Tap a Program listing.
How to start and stop a broadcast?
- Tap the Broadcast tab at the bottom-center of the app screen.
- Toggle between off-air and on-air modes by clicking a volume button on the device. You can also use a remote Bluetooth button (sometimes called a "selfie" button").
Can I try the PoliceCable app without registering?
To start broadcasting in Demo mode, simply start the PoliceCable app and login with your Twitter credentials.
How do I edit my app profile?
Tap the My Account button (TVI logo) on the top-right of the Feed or Channels screen. Then, tap on the existing profile text or tap on the photo.
What are the advanced features of PoliceCable?
- A 30 second auto-loop is always being recorded when the app is in Broadcast off-air mode. This video is automatically prefixed to any live broadcast.
- Toggle between off-air and on-air modes by clicking a volume button or by clicking a Bluetooth button.
- All broadcasts are transmitted in landscape mode, regardless of device orientation. This means that the device can be held in portrait orientation and still transmit video that can be watched on a standard TV screen.
- Broadcasts can be viewed in two modes. The Feed tab chronologically lists live and recent broadcasts that aired in the last 24 hours. The Channels tab groups broadcasts by Member channel.
- Recent broadcasts are automatically uploaded to the integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS).
- By default, broadcasts are automatically removed from the Feed and Channels tab after 24 hours. If the DEMS upgrade is purchased, Channels tab broadcasts are permanently archived.
What are the different user roles and permissions?
- Manager: The person who creates the PoliceCable Department account automatically assumes the role of Manager. The Manager can add/delete users (Admins and Members), manage billing, and do live broadcasts.
- Admins: Can add/delete Members and do live broadcasts.
- Members: Can do live broadcasts.