What is PoliceCable?
PoliceCable is a cloud service that provides law enforcement agencies with their own live body-cam networks. Each body-cam on the network broadcasts live video directly to the agency headquarters where it can be viewed in real-time. Broadcasts are automatically archived in the integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS). Video is never stored on body-cams.
How to get started with PoliceCable?
- Register your Agency on the tvi.com website.
- Purchase Channels for Officers to broadcast live from the PoliceCable app.
- Purchase an iPhone SE and a clip-on holster for each Officer.
How much does it cost?
- When you register your Agency, the Agency credit card is charged a recurring monthly DEMS Fee of $0.045/GB. A free Admin account is also automatically created for you.
- As an Admin, you are able to purchase Channels for your Officers. For each Channel that you purchase, the Agency credit card is charged a recurring monthly Channel Fee of $99.
What is a broadcast?
A broadcast is a live video stream from a body-cam. The body-cam is an iPhone SE in a clip-on holster. The iPhone is running the PoliceCable app that is downloaded from the Apple App Store.
A stream can be as short or as long as you want. Broadcasts are visible to everyone in your Agency.
How to watch broadcasts?
- Admins and Officers can view live and recent broadcasts via the the Feed and Channels tabs on the app.
- Admins can view recent broadcasts using the TVI.COM website.
How to start and stop a broadcast?
- Tap the Broadcast tab at the bottom-center of the app screen.
- Toggle between off-air and on-air modes by clicking a volume button on the device. You can also use a remote Bluetooth button (sometimes called a "selfie" button).
Can I try the PoliceCable app without registering?
To start broadcasting in Demo mode, simply start the PoliceCable app and login with your Twitter credentials.
How do I edit my app profile?
Tap the My Account button (TVI logo) on the top-right of the Feed or Channels screen. Then, tap on the existing profile text or tap on the photo.
What are the advanced features of PoliceCable?
- A 30 second auto-loop "Preamble" video is always being recorded when the app is in Broadcast off-air mode. This Preamble is automatically prefixed to any live broadcast.
- Toggle between off-air and on-air modes by clicking a volume button or by clicking a Bluetooth button.
- All broadcasts are transmitted in landscape mode, regardless of device orientation. This means that evidence video can be watched on a standard TV screen in full-screen mode regardless of the device's orientation during broadcasting.
- Broadcasts can be viewed in two modes. The Feed tab chronologically lists live and recent broadcasts that aired in the last 24 hours. The Channels tab groups broadcasts by Member channel.
- All broadcasts are automatically archived in the integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) and are listed in the Channels tab.
- Broadcasts are automatically removed from the Feed tab after 24 hours.
What are the different user roles and permissions?
- Admin: The person who creates the Agency account automatically assumes the role of Admin. The Admin can add/delete Officers, manage billing, and do live broadcasts.
- Officers: Can do live broadcasts.