What is PoliceCable?
PoliceCable is a cloud service that provides law enforcement agencies with their own live body-cam networks. Each body-cam on the network broadcasts live video directly to the command center where it can be viewed in real-time. Broadcasts are automatically archived in the integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS). Video is never stored on body-cams.
How to get started with PoliceCable?
- Sign up your Agency on the www.policecable.com website.
- Purchase Channels for Officers.
- Sign up your Agency on the www.satcam.tv website.
- Purchase SATCAMTM body-cams.
How much does it cost?
- When you sign up your Agency, a Network Owner account with your own Channel is automatically created for you. 30-days later, your Agency credit card is charged a recurring monthly Channel Fee of $99 and a recurring monthly Data Fee of $0.05 per GB of video storage.
- As a Network Owner, you are able to purchase Channels for your Officers. Your Agency credit card is charged a recurring monthly Channel Fee of $99 for each Channel that you purchase.
- As a Network Owner, you can register your Agency with www.satcam.tv and can purchase any number of SATCAM body-cameras for your officers. Cameras are available on Amazon for $99 each. SATCAM charges your Agency credit card a recurring monthly SATCAM Uplink Fee of $9 per broadcast hour.
What are the different user roles and permissions?
- Network Owner: The person who creates the Agency account automatically assumes the role of the Network Owner. The Network Owner can manage Channels, manage SATCAM body-cams, manage billing, and do live broadcasts.
- Network Members (Officers): Can do live broadcasts.
How SATCAM body-cams are managed?
- Agency purchases multiple SATCAM cameras on Amazon.
- Agency goes to www.satcam.tv where it creates an agency account.
- Agency gives out cameras to officers.
- Officers register camera ID's on their own PoliceCable accounts.
- SATCOM charges the Agency credit card directly when registered cameras are used.
What is a broadcast?
A broadcast is a live video stream from the PoliceCable app (iPhone internal camera) or a SATCAM body-cam. Broadcasts can be as short or as long as you want.
How to watch broadcasts?
Network Owners and Network Members can view broadcasts using the PoliceCable app and the policecable.com website.
How to create a broadcast?
Live broadcasts can be created in two ways:
- Directly from the SATCAM body-cam ($9/hr streaming fee);
- From the PoliceCable app, using the iPhone's internal camera (no streaming fee).
What is SATCAMTM?
SATCAM is a virtual satellite system providing live uplink and downlink services for body-cams. SATCAM is a virtual satellite system providing live uplink and downlink services for body-cams. SATCAM broadcasts can be received by registered websites and apps worldwide.